- 3-Bean Stew with Pumpkin -
Stews are the ultimate comfort food. They warm you up from the inside when the weather's miserable, and they don't need much preparation. One pot, fresh vegetables, beans and herbs is all you need.
This stew has three different kinds of beans: chickpeas, white beans and green beans. I've paired them up with lots of healthy vegetables and some sharp spices like cayenne. Some bread on the side to soak up the broth and you've got yourself a delicious, filling autumn meal.
3-Bean Stew with Pumpkin Recipe
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cayenne
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1/2 courgette, diced
- 1/4 pumpkin, large cubes
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 pear, diced
- 0,5l veggie stock
- 250g green beans, halved
- 200g chickpeas, soaked and cooked
- 200g white beans, soaked and cooked
- 1/2 lemon, juice and zest
- fresh coriander
- Set a large pot on medium heat and heat the olive oil. Add the onion and cook for a few minutes, until translucent.
- Add the chopped garlic, cayenne and cumin and cook for 2 more minutes. Continue by adding the carrots, courgette, pumpkin, tomatoes, pear and vegetable stock.
- Let simmer for about 15 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
- Add the green beans, white beans and chickpeas. Cook a few minutes more until the green beans are tender and crunchy.
- Add the lemon juice, season with salt and pepper and serve with coriander and lemon zest.