- Black Kale Rolls -
If you’ve just switched to a more plant-based diet or want to introduce more meatless meals to your dinner table, try combining a new ingredients with something everybody loves.
These black kale rolls filled with butternut squash and black-eyed peas look exiting, they taste of sweet squash and they are wrapped in one of the most healthy vegetables in the world.
Black Kale Rolls Recipe
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 150g black-eyed peas, pre-soaked if dry
- 500ml vegetable stock
- half a butternut squash, chopped
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 10 black kale leaves
- Heat the coconut oil in a pot on medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes. Then add the black-eyed peas with the vegetable stock and let simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add the squash and cook for another 15 minutes, until both peas and squash are tender and he water is evaporated. It should make a thick, creamy, chunky purée.
- Meanwhile steam the kale leaves for 5 minutes.
- To make the rolls: put 2 tbsp of butternut filling at the top of a kale leaf and roll it up. Continue to do this with the remaining filling and kale leaves. Put downwards on your plate, drizzle a little olive oil on top, some pepper and salt and serve immediately.